Feature Request: multiple connected servers

Feedback for Q Insight Pad usage

Feature Request: multiple connected servers

Postby marc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi,

yet another one.. It would be cool if QPad could connect to multiple servers at once. Like each editor tab has it's own connection. That way I could use for example "test" and "dev" together. I know that I could start multiple instances of QPad, but I think it is less convenient and they all start with the same opened scripts, so I would need to close some in one window and not the other and so on...

Cheers,
Marc
marc

Re: Feature Request: multiple connected servers

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi, Marc!

Short answer is "not gonna happen", but let me point you to the very useful (if you'll read it top to bottom that is :)) post of the forum viewtopic.php?f=4&t=517

You'll see that there are two ways to do what you want (more or less):
1) would be to use "Switch connections on pane activation" option in Editor tab settings
2) would be to use "Launch QPad" item from Server tree context menu or make bat/cmd containing server and/or profile name (that one to keep your settings & opened files tabs separate, Launch QPad is using both behind the scenes)

As to why I don't want to maintain connections to multiple servers at once - the answer is simple, taking into account all other panes and debugger, it'll create much more problems & confusion from the usability standpoint than it could possibly solve :)

Cheers,
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Feedback