What's cooking... (v. 1.7)

New features coming/planned; books of work, etc.

What's cooking... (v. 1.7)

Postby _Oz_ » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 pm

1.6 FREE is out, grab it in download section of the site

Links to (hopefully) stable devbuilds:

64-bit: http://qinsightpad.com/upload/qpad/BE/qpad64_17b.zip
32-bit: http://qinsightpad.com/upload/qpad/BE/qpad_17b.zip

NEW: output table context menu - "Show Results Source" shows where those results came from (server, date and time in GMT and query text)...
"Send to instance..." It should pass the exact result the table is rendered from, so you'll get back (or further to another instance) table/keyed table or dictionary, even list, depending on your settings - whether to show dictionaries and lists in grid view.
output result context menu "Send Result to instance..." to send back in any last result, regardless of what's in the grid
This will work to forward stuff to another instance too if you'll change the connection between receiving and sending results.

Let me know if it works and any other features you're missing - a lot of long cold Moscow evenings and weekends are ahead

Cheers,
Oleg
_Oz_

Re: What's cooking... (v. 1.0)

Postby arhang » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:22 pm

suggestions:

minor:
- new server connection dialog tab order

(this is wing btw)
arhang

Postby Oleg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Thank you for noticing, Wing! :)
Fixed in RC5.

Cheers,
_Oz_
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby bayao » Fri May 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Potential bug:
The excel export seems missing end-tag. I'm getting following from Excel

XML PARSE ERROR: Missing end-tag
Error occurs at or below this element stack:
<ss:Workbook>
<ss:Worksheet>
<ss:Table>
<ss:Row>
<ss:Cell>
<ss:Data>

Thank you
bayao

Postby Oleg » Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 am

Thank you for reporting it, bayao!
I think what you stumbled upon is unicode unawareness of export to excel.
Fixed in RC5

Cheers!
_Oz_
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Oleg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 am

1st pilot of QPad with integrated debugger is out in the latest RC6.
Grab it from the top post in this topic.

Cheers,
_Oz_
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby demner » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Oleg,

First off, qpad is a really good editor.

A couple of small changes that I think would be useful:
- simple wildcards in the server view filter list (like hdb*fxrapid)
- have the server list scrolled to the left by default since the username/password is less important the the server name

I tried out RC8 and wanted to give feedback on the delay feature. I actually think that it makes qpad worse; if you would like to keep the feature, it would be great if you could add a config item to specify the delay and if someone puts in 0 it means to not delay (ie: operate as before).

A few specific examples of where the delay is awkward:
- The syntax highlighting during the 1.25s delay is the same as whatever word you last typed; for example if you put select and wait 1.25s the rest of the line will stay in blue & can be hard to read in some situations (like when everything is bold)
- The undo is acts strangely: If I type 'some text' and wait 1.25s and then type 'more text'. Now if I hit undo before the 1.25s is up, it actually undoes the 'some text' and not the 'more text'.
- If you are writing in overtype mode and you make a mistake, you can no longer hit Ctrl+Z to undo and restore the character you accidentally overwrote/deleted. You have to either wait 1.25s and undo a block of text or switch back into input mode, retype the character you typed, and then switch back to overtype mode.

Or, now I think about it, maybe if you change the undo so it still appends to the current buffer for the 1.25s to fix #2 (or even have an independant undo buffer from the 1.25s delay perhaps # character based?), I can turn off syntax highlighting for #1 and #3 works like Word and other programs with batch updates work now. But it might be easier to have an option to disable the delay.

Thanks,

David
demner

Postby Oleg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi, David!

Thank you for the feedback.
Typing delay was sorted out quite a bit (in regard to undo/redo erratic behavior) and made fully configurable - via Q->Settings->Typing delay in ms (0 - turn off)

As for supporting simple mask in server tree filter - I'll see what I can do in devbuilds of RC9.

Stay tuned :)
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: What's cooking... (v. 1.2)

Postby led » Fri May 15, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm a little confused about why the software expires. What is the plan after September 2015?

Great application. I'm a fan.
led

Re: What's cooking... (v. 1.2)

Postby Oleg » Sat May 16, 2015 9:34 am

Software expires on a regular basis - 2 times a year.

With changes kx is doing to q and bugs that users helping me to flush out and AK's new versions of debugger that I'm integrating - taking a liberty to force people upgrade to new version twice a year. :)
As software is free, I don't have team or time to support several versions.

Plan is as it always was - keep maintaining qPad and release new free versions ;-).
Pretty much the same deal kx used to have with trial 32-bit version of q.

Cheers,
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to News and announcements